Exchanges & Returns
Returns & Exchanges
We at Tribe Tropical are passionate about ensuring our customers are completely satisfied with their purchases.
If you receive an item and change your mind about it, you are welcome to refund or exchange it provided that the following conditions are met:
- Returns must be in as-new condition with all tags and hygiene stickers attached. For hygiene reasons we cannot accept a return without the hygiene sticker.
- The goods must not be worn, damaged or washed.
- Returns must be posted back to us within 14 days of the delivery date.
- If the above conditions are met, a full refund will be provided, less a $10 admin/restocking fee.
- Any items returned outside of this period or items returned damaged or soiled will be the responsibility of the customer to retrieve.
- The postage cost to return the order is the responsibility of the customer, as is the cost to post out a different-sized item in case of exchange.
- Size exchange requests are subject to availability of stock. Should your size request be unavailable a refund will be provided, providing the above conditions are also met.
- Sale items are able to be returned for exchange only.
- Exchanges on international orders are permitted however the customer is responsible for covering postage costs to and from destination - we will do our best to work out a solution that benefits both parties in terms of postage costs.
- We recommend trying on swimwear over underwear and without make-up or body creams/deodorants, as soiled items will not be accepted for return and will be returned at customer’s own expense.
- We recommend that you select a secure, traceable postage service for any goods sent back to us as Tribe Tropical does not take any responsibility for returns lost in transit.
- Tribe Tropical reserves the right to reject any return or exchange of goods should they not be returned in accordance with our returns policy.
PLEASE NOTE, OUR RETURNS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
- Pilling of the fabric caused by user-wear is not covered under our returns policy. Rocks and rough surfaces may cause pilling of the silky swimsuit fabric so please take care on such surfaces.
- Broken stitching due to user-wear is not covered under our returns policy. Please take care not to over-stretch suits when dressing / undressing as stitching can break, as with any garment.
- Disconnected or broken zips as a result of over-extension and user-wear are not covered under our returns policy. Please take care not to push zips too far down beyond the safety pouch otherwise they risk disconnecting; the zip safety pouch is in place to try to help with avoiding this issue. Pulling at a zip may also break it. Our zips are quality checked before being sent to customers so please check over your suit before wearing it.
- Trapped sand between layers of fabric, caused by user-wear is not covered under our returns policy. Due to the tight weave of the fabric used for our suits (this tight weave is needed to block 98% of UVA/UVB rays), sand may become trapped between the layers of fabric; once the suit is dry this sand can be shaken or scratched out of the suit. User-wear and wear due to 'kids being kids' is not covered.
- Mould or other marks caused due to user-wear are not covered under our returns policy. Please refer to our care guide to ensure swimsuits are properly cared for.
All items are thoroughly checked before sending and are hand-packaged with the upmost care. In the unlikely event you receive an item that is faulty or damaged please contact us and we will do all possible to rectify the situation immediately.
Please notify us within 14 days of the delivery date and provide a full description of the fault, along with pictures as proof. Faults reported outside this period may not be considered for return.
Items must be returned to us first for inspection at the customer's expense; if we receive the product and deem it to be faulty a replacement item will be sent out.
HOW TO RETURN YOUR ORDER
To return items, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a return address. A receipt / proof of payment will be required.
**the following form will need to be completed and sent back with any items being returned to us - without this form we may be unable to trace your return.
Once we do a quality review of the returned item we will endeavour to process your request within 5 business days. Once the process has been completed you will receive an email notification of the status of your exchange/refund. Refunds will be made to the original purchaser’s PayPal/credit card account and will include shipping costs if the garment is deemed faulty (in the case of being unworn), otherwise shipping costs are non-refundable.
If your order qualified for free shipping (if the spend was over A$130) and if all or part of the order is returned to us resulting in the spend being under the free shipping threshold, a refund of goods will be processed less the $7.95 discounted shipping cost.
** If you purchased your item(s) from one of our wonderful stockists, please contact them so that they can assist with an exchange or refund.