Love your swimwear, wash & wear with care!
Care Guide - swimwear and hats
Our swimwear is made of a UPF50+ blend of either nylon or polyester and spandex, with a polyester lining, which makes our garments silky soft and comfortable, quick-drying, breathable, and with good stretch-ability.
Regardless of the composition of a swimsuit, one thing for sure is that all swimsuits and hats need to be properly cared for to maximise and ensure their longevity – no swimsuit or swim hat will withstand being rolled up in a towel and left unrinsed for days!
To protect your Tribe Tropical swimsuits and hats we recommend the following:
- Always rinse in cold water immediately after use to help prevent chlorine/salt degradation.
- Hand wash separately in cold water and leave out to line-dry in the shade.
- Do not tumble-dry, bleach, iron or dry clean your swimwear.
- Avoid contact with rough surfaces i.e. rocks, cement pool edges etc, to avoid pilling of the swimsuit.
- Trapped sand between the fabric layers can be gently scratched away once dry.
- Never leave your swimwear rolled up in a towel! Doing this will cause bacteria to breed, which will eat away at the fabric causing your swimwear to perish faster.
- If you do leave your swimsuit sitting damp for a while and notice black mould spots on the fabric you can try a vinegar treatment to kill the mould. More details available here: https://homeguides.sfgate.com/mold-out-bathing-suits-49123.html
- Please take care not to over-stretch suits when undressing as stitching can break, this applies to any garment not just our swimsuits.
- Please take care not to push zips too far down beyond the safety pouch otherwise they risk disconnecting. Disconnected zips as a result of over-extension are not covered under our returns policy.
- If using a flotation device on your child, we recommend separating the swimsuit and device by first placing a t-shirt over the swimsuit before putting on the device -this will protect the fabric from pilling if rubbed against the straps of a float vest.
Care Guide - Bags
Your Tribe Tropical Tropicaluxe Beach Bag is made of polypropylene with a nylon trim, and is completely water proof.
To care for the bag we recommend the following:
- To clean, gently hose or wipe bag with a damp cloth and allow to air dry.
- Do not machine wash or tumble-dry your bag. Never iron or bleach.
- Maximum weight load is 5kg.
- Take care not to overfill with heavy items.
- Coral and sharp rocks may puncture the material so please take care on such surfaces.
- Please take care not to over-fill pockets as their stitching isn’t designed to offer an excessive degree of elasticity.
- Don’t be concerned if the grey piping pierces through the black trim, it’s easily pushed back in – this can happen as the piping is stronger than the fabric even though it’s tightly woven.
Thank you for choosing to use and wear our products, we hope you love them!