Wide Brim Swim Hat - Tropicocky *size small only, 2 left*
** Limited stock available. Discontinuing line. Reduced to clear - final sale.
This beautiful wide-brim sun / swim hat is designed to offer full-coverage across the scalp and ears, and is double-layered for extra protection against harmful UV rays.
The polyester-blend fabric is silky-soft, durable for use in chlorine.
An adjustable under-neck tie ensures that the hat will stay on in wind and water!
This hat looks great worn with one of our swimsuits in the same print.On the beach or by the pool, it’s Summer vibes abound with our Tropicocky wide-brimmed sun and swim hat! Beachy Australiana at its best featuring our native cockatoo bird amidst tropical flowers and palms.
Designed to match our popular swimsuit of the same name, this swim hat offers premium sun protection in style!
- Full cover across the top of the head – no burnt scalps or little ears!
- Thick and sturdy wide-brim providing shade for the face and back of the neck.
- Double-lining for extra sun protection.
- Under-neck tie with adjustable clasp – won’t fly away in the wind or fall off in the water!
- UPF50+ protection, blocking out 97% of UVA and UVB rays.
- Exclusively-designed custom print with a unique Australian flair.
- Buttery soft, two-way stretch nylon/spandex fabric – OEKO-TEX certified for sustainability
- Limited print-run to eliminate waste, environmental strain, and to maintain boutique appeal
- Perfect for the beach, pool, park or playground.
- **Not chlorine-resistant - this hat is made from a different fabric to our other hats so is not guaranteed to be fade-proof like the rest of our range.
Sizing for our hats is generally as follows:
Size XS = suitable for approximately age 6-24 months
Size S = suitable for approximately age 1 – 4
Size M = suitable for approximately age 5 – 16 +
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, we’re always happy to help!
RETURNS / REFUNDS / EXCHANGES
The remaining stock in this range is reduced to clear. Final sale - no exchanges or refunds permitted.
Domestic Australia – free over A$130 spend otherwise flat rate of A$7.95 applies.
International – New Zealand NZD$13, rest of world from USD$20.
To ensure longevity of your swim hats, please:
- Rinse immediately after use to clean out salt and chlorine.
- Ideally hand-wash as often as possible as this will ensure longevity of the fabric
(if machine-washing please use a garment bag, cold water & low spin cycle)
- Do not wring, rub, soak or bleach
- Dry in the shade – never tumble dry.
- Do not leave rolled up wet or store when damp.
- Do not iron or dry clean.
I purchased 4 matching hats and swimwear for our grandchildren and they are just gorgeous! Great efficient and friendly service! Thank you Emily, pleasure doing business with you
My kids wore these swimmers for over 2 years. Not one issue with them, they still have a good year or two in them as well so last 3-4 years. We've had no fade or stretch, no pulling or pilling. Have handed down to friends children as my children outgrew them. Love them so much.
I am really impressed with the level of support the ladies swimsuit provides, even for a larger cup size, which is so hard to find.
Fantastic to wear for any water activity. I love the sun protection and comfort of the swimsuit while surfing, paddleboarding or just chilling at the beach.
Tribe Tropical swimwear is by far the best designed and quality in Australia. The thought process that has gone into these designs, made for comfort, quality and being so sunsafe is a stand out. Each time my daughter wears these they wash up like brand new.
Tribe Tropical™ is an award-winning swim & beachwear label from Queensland, Australia.
With exclusive patterns inspired by some of tropical Australia’s most idyllic destinations, our brand is built around a love of family, adventure and travel to magical places.
All swimsuits & hats are UPF50+, double-lined and chlorine resistant.
Baby / toddler suits feature nappy-change clips and womens suits feature inbuilt shelf bras.
Available for KIDS 0-14 years, and ADULTS XS-3XL.
Hi! I’m Emily, mother of 3 little girls and founder of Tribe Tropical.
Growing up I used to dread beach days!
As a red-head with fair skin, growing up in the tropics, I either had to risk being teased by other kids for covering up in a daggy old t-shirt, or end the day sunburnt & in pain.
Having since suffered with countless skin cancer treatments (and further to the loss of my grandfather due to melanoma), I understand the importance of sun protection - I started Tribe Tropical with a desire to protect my family and yours in beautiful, high-quality sun-protective swimwear that people would feel good in & enjoy wearing.
No-one should dread a beach day! I hope to help you to make them fun & burn-free also.