Mon Repos UV Suit (Nappy Change)
Mon Repos Beach, home to the largest concentration of nesting loggerhead turtles in the South Pacific, sits on the coast outside Bundaberg. Every year from November to March, people flock from all over the world to witness the magic of the loggerhead’s nesting, followed by the birth of the tiny hatchlings as they emerge from their sand burrows into the world and on to the Coral Sea.
The Earth’s magnetic fields guide the hatchlings back to their birth site Mon Repos, approximately thirty years after they begin their first journey into the deep ocean - only 1 in 1000 hatchlings will survive to adulthood.
This unisex UV suit is designed to protect baby skin with full-coverage across the back, chest and arms, as well as the top half of the leg; it is also double-layered for extra protection against harmful UV rays.
The polyester-blend fabric is buttery-soft, durable for use in chlorine, and will keep precious skin well-protected without agitation. It is so comfortable and very easy to wear – kids love these suits!
** This suit has added nappy/diaper change clips for ease of quick changes /toilet breaks at the beach or pool.
The print features loggerhead turtle hatchlings amidst Great Barrier Reef coral. Its gorgeous background colour is a light blue. Solid blue coloured sleeves in a cobalt blue colour.
Keep your precious little boy or girl safe in the sun in this limited-edition print, designed in Bargara, a stone's throw from beautiful Mon Repos Beach.
**Please see our 'bundles' section to find out how you can save when you purchase this swimsuit with a matching hat!
Features of this swimsuit include:
- All-in-one rash guard – no sunburnt backs or bellies!
- UPF50+ protection, blocking out 97% of UVA and UVB rays
- Exclusively-designed custom print with a unique Australian flair
- Double-lining front and back for extra sun protection
- Full-length sleeves for extra coverage
- Upper leg coverage
- High-neck style to cover chest and neck area
- Nappy / diaper change clips for easy changes on the go
- Plastic-moulded front zipper with no-pinch zip hideaway pouch to protect from irritation.
- Buttery soft, two-way stretch polyester/elastane fabric – OEKO-TEX certified for sustainability
- Limited print-run to eliminate waste, environmental strain, and to maintain boutique appeal
- Beach-luxe at its best!
Our swimwear for babies, girls, boys and teens is true to size and corresponds to the age of the child, i.e. an average two year old will fit a size 2, and an average 12 year old will fit a size 12 and so on.
Our kids swimwear doesn’t tend to run small from our experience as parents. If however a child is taller than average or well-built then sizing-up would be recommended i.e. a tall 10 year old would be better off in a size 12 suit / top or shorts. For further details please refer to our sizing information page
We offer peace of mind exchanges and returns so if ever the size you chose wasn’t quite right then you’d be welcome to return it. Please see our returns policy info below.
Kindly note that we don’t offer sizes 5 or 7 in our range; sizing up to size 6 or 8, or down to size 4 or 6 is the norm and isn’t usually an issue.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, we’re always happy to help!
RETURNS / REFUNDS / EXCHANGES
Permitted within 30 days of payment date. Must be unused/unworn with all tags and hygiene stickers still attached. For full details please refer to our returns policies.
Refunds are processed less a $10 admin/restock fee. Sale items are eligible for exchange only and are non-refundable.
Domestic Australia – free over A$130 spend otherwise flat rate of A$7.95 applies.
International – New Zealand NZD$13, rest of world from USD$20.
Please view shipping page for further details.
To ensure longevity of your swimwear, please:
- Rinse immediately after use to clean out salt and chlorine.
- Ideally hand-wash as often as possible as this will ensure longevity of the fabric
(if machine-washing please use a garment bag, cold water & low spin cycle)
- Do not wring, rub, soak or bleach swimwear.
- Dry in the shade – never tumble dry.
- Do not leave rolled up wet or store when damp.
- Do not iron or dry clean.
- Take care when dressing as over-stretched zips risk disconnecting or the plastic teeth may break, as can happen with any zip.
More details available here.