We acknowledge the traditional owners of country throughout Australia and pay respect to them, their cultures, and to elders past, present & emerging.
Love your swimwear, wash & wear with care!
Care Guide - swimwear and hatsOur swimwear is made of a UPF50+ blend of either nylon or polyester and spandex, with a polyester lining, which makes our garments silky soft and comfortable, quick-drying, breathable, and with good stretch-ability. Regardless of the composition of a swimsuit, one thing for sure is that all swimsuits and hats need to be properly cared for to maximise and ensure their longevity – no swimsuit or swim hat will withstand being rolled up in a towel and left unrinsed for days!
To protect your Tribe Tropical swimsuits and hats we recommend the following:
- Always rinse in cold water immediately after use to help prevent chlorine/salt degradation.
- Hand wash separately in cold water and leave out to line-dry in the shade.
- Do not tumble-dry, bleach, iron or dry clean your swimwear.
- Avoid contact with rough surfaces i.e. rocks, cement pool edges etc, to avoid pilling of the swimsuit.
- Trapped sand between the fabric layers can be gently scratched away once dry.
- Never leave your swimwear rolled up in a towel! Doing this will cause bacteria to breed, which will eat away at the fabric causing your swimwear to perish faster.
- If you do leave your swimsuit sitting damp for a while and notice black mould spots on the fabric you can try a vinegar treatment to kill the mould. More details available here: https://homeguides.sfgate.com/mold-out-bathing-suits-49123.html
- Please take care not to over-stretch suits when undressing as stitching can break, this applies to any garment not just our swimsuits.
- Please take care not to push zips too far down beyond the safety pouch otherwise they risk disconnecting. Disconnected zips as a result of over-extension are not covered under our returns policy.
- If using a flotation device on your child, we recommend separating the swimsuit and device by first placing a t-shirt over the swimsuit before putting on the device -this will protect the fabric from pilling if rubbed against the straps of a float vest.
Care Guide - BagsYour Tribe Tropical Tropicaluxe Beach Bag is made of polypropylene with a nylon trim, and is completely water proof. To care for the bag we recommend the following:
- To clean, gently hose or wipe bag with a damp cloth and allow to air dry.
- Do not machine wash or tumble-dry your bag. Never iron or bleach.
- Maximum weight load is 5kg.
- Take care not to overfill with heavy items.
- Coral and sharp rocks may puncture the material so please take care on such surfaces.
- Please take care not to over-fill pockets as their stitching isn’t designed to offer an excessive degree of elasticity.
- Don’t be concerned if the grey piping pierces through the black trim, it’s easily pushed back in – this can happen as the piping is stronger than the fabric even though it’s tightly woven.
+61 1300 143 223
PO Box 8193