Wide Brim Swim Hat - Mon Repos Turtles
"I love this brand. Great, quick dry hats that tie around the head so they don't fly off in the wind." - Nat S
This striking wide-brim sun / swim hat is designed to offer full-coverage across the scalp and ears, and is double-layered for extra protection against harmful UV rays.
The polyester-blend fabric is silky-soft, durable for use in chlorine.
An adjustable under-neck tie ensures that the hat will stay on in wind and water!
This predominantly electric-blue hat features loggerhead turtle hatchlings amidst Great Barrier Reef coral, and offers premium sun protection in style - perfect for turtle-loving boys and girls!
Features of this sun and swim hat include:
- Full cover across the top of the head – no burnt scalps or little ears!
- Thick and sturdy wide-brim providing shade for the face and back of the neck.
- Double-lining for extra sun protection.
- Under-neck tie with adjustable clasp – won’t fly away in the wind or fall off in the water!
- UPF50+ protection, blocking out 97% of UVA and UVB rays.
- Exclusively-designed custom print with a unique Australian flair.
- Buttery soft, two-way stretch polyester blend fabric – OEKO-TEX certified for sustainability
- Limited print-run to eliminate waste, environmental strain, and to maintain boutique appeal
- Perfect for the beach, pool, park or playground.
ABOUT MON REPOS:
Mon Repos Beach, home to the largest concentration of nesting loggerhead turtles in the South Pacific, sits on the coast outside Bundaberg in Queensland. Every year from November to March, people flock from all over the world to witness the magic of the loggerhead’s nesting, followed by the birth of the tiny hatchlings as they emerge from their sand burrows into the world and on to the Coral Sea.
The Earth’s magnetic fields guide the hatchlings back to their birth site of Mon Repos, approximately thirty years after they begin their first journey into the deep ocean; only 1 in 1000 hatchlings will survive to adulthood.
$1 from all direct sales of this print will be donated to the Mon Repos Turtle Centre.
Sizing for our hats is generally as follows:
Size XS = suitable for approximately age 6-24 months
Size S = suitable for approximately age 1 – 4
Size M = suitable for approximately age 5 – 16 +
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, we’re always happy to help!
RETURNS / REFUNDS / EXCHANGES
Permitted within 30 days of payment date. Must be unused/unworn with all tags and hygiene stickers still attached.
Refunds are processed less a $10 admin/restock fee. Sale items are eligible for exchange only and are non-refundable.
Domestic Australia – free over A$130 spend otherwise flat rate of A$7.95 applies.
International – New Zealand NZD$13, rest of world from USD$20.
To ensure longevity of your swim hats, please:
- Rinse immediately after use to clean out salt and chlorine.
- Ideally hand-wash as often as possible as this will ensure longevity of the fabric
(if machine-washing please use a garment bag, cold water & low spin cycle)
- Do not wring, rub, soak or bleach
- Dry in the shade – never tumble dry.
- Do not leave rolled up wet or store when damp.
- Do not iron or dry clean.